Lymphedema Books by Dr. McMahon
Dr. McMahon has written or edited five books on lymphedema--
Lymphedema and Lipedema Nutrition Guide
by Chuck Ehrlich, Emily Iker, MD, Karen Louise Herbst, PhD, MD, Linda-Anne Kahn, CMT, CLT-LANA, Dorothy D. Sears, PhD, Mandy Kenyon, MS, RD, CSSD, and Elizabeth McMahon, PhDEat to starve lymphedema and lipedema by having foods that fight these conditions (and cancer) and avoiding foods that contribute to symptoms or related conditions. Learn how food choices affect both conditions and how better nutrition can improve symptoms (including pain) and delay changes associated with progression to more advanced stages. Intended for anyone with, or at risk for, lymphedema or lipedema, caregivers, lymphedema therapists, and other health care providers.
For more information and ordering links see the book website: www.LymphNotes.com/nutrition.php.
Living Well With Lymphedema
by Ann Ehrlich, Alma Vinjé-Harrewijn, PT, CLT & Elizabeth McMahon, PhDLiving Well With Lymphedema is the comprehensive resource for those with, or at risk of developing, lymphedema.
Easy-to-read and generously illustrated, this 280-page book contains the information necessary to understand what lymphedema is, what causes it, how it is treated, self-management steps to control your condition, practical suggestions on how to master the emotional challenges that accompany a chronic condition, plus an illustrated guide to understanding the lymphatic system.
- Hardcover: 284 pages ISBN: 978-0-9764806-0-0 List Price: $39.95. For more info and ordering links see Lymph Notes.
- Paperback: 284 pages ISBN: 978-0-9764806-1-7 List Price: $29.95. For more info and ordering links see Lymph Notes.
Overcoming the Emotional Challenges of Lymphedema
by Elizabeth McMahon, PhD“Lymphedema is harder to deal with than cancer was!” The emotional side of lymphedema is often not acknowledged. This book explains how to cope with self-consciousness, anger, feeling overwhelmed, and other common emotional responses.
To hear how helpful it is, go to the 12-minute mark on this youtube video:
- Hardcover: 474 pages ISBN: 978-0-9764806-2-4 List Price: $44.95. For more info and ordering links see Lymph Notes.
- Paperback: 474 pages ISBN: 978-0-9764806-3-1 List Price: $34.95. For more info and ordering links see Lymph Notes.
Voices of Lymphedema
by Ann Ehrlich and Elizabeth McMahon, PhD (Editors)Looking for encouragement and an antidote to all the negatives you hear about lymphedema? This book is full of practical tips, uplifting stories, and real-life inspiration from people living full, happy lives despite lymphedema.
"An excellent resource for lymphedema patients, therapists, and other health care practitioners. It's a book that should be required reading in all schools that turn out healthcare providers." Kathryn McKillip Thrift, BS, CLT-LANA
- Paperback: 256 pages ISBN: 978-0-9764806-5-5 List Price: $24.95. For more info and ordering links see Lymph Notes.
- E-book: ISBN: 978-0-9764806-6-2. Available for Kindle (www.amazon.com), Nook (www.bn.com), iBook (www.apple.com/itunes/), and other e-book readers.
Lymphedema Caregiver's Guide: Arranging and Providing Home Care
by Mary Kathleen Kearse, PT, CLT-LANA, Elizabeth McMahon, PhD, & Ann Ehrlich, MALymphedema Caregiver's Guide helps those with lymphedema and their family members understand care needs and locate treatment.
It provides detailed instructions for caregivers on all aspects of lymphedema home care including physical care (skin care, simple lymph drainage, compression, exercise, etc.), communications skills and emotional support, and activities of daily living. Caregivers learn ways to protect themselves from injury and burnout.
Lymphedema Caregiver's Guide outlines a systematic approach to determining patient care needs, arranging care, and coordinating multiple caregivers.
Read what people have to say about this book on amazon.
- Paperback: 475 pages ISBN: 978-0-9764806-7-9 List Price: $34.95. For more info and ordering links see Lymph Notes.