Dr. McMahon appears in these LymphConnect videos--
Emotional aspects of lymphedema:
- Emotional Expectations For Lymphedema Patients
- I Have So Many Emotions About Lymphedema: Will They Ever Go Away?
- Feeling Overwhelmed By Lymphedema? Tips From Dr. McMahon
- I'm So Angry About Having Lymphedema: What Can I Do?
- How To Handle People's Reactions To Lymphedema
- I Was Just Diagnosed With Lymphedema, What Now?
- Where To Find Reliable Information About Lymphedema
- Lymphedema Therapist Information
- How Do I Find a Lymphedema Therapist?
Ethnodrama: Living With Lymphedema
Lymphedema has been called “the most … feared and hated side effect of cancer treatment.” Women say, “Lymphedema is harder to deal with than the cancer!”
In this video from the University of Saskatchewan, four women with lymphedema describe the psychosocial effects of lymphedema using verbatim quotes from breast cancer survivors with lymphedema. Hear what they say about Overcoming the Emotional Challenges of Lymphedema 12 minutes into the video.