Recurring feelings of anxiety, panic attacks, worry about panic attacks, fear of certain situations, and anxious feelings that linger are not helpful. If these feeling cause you to change what you do, or to avoid certain situations, you may want to seek help.
Dr. McMahon can help you learn to overcome your anxieties and fears. Most people start feeling better after working with Dr. McMahon for only a few sessions. Dr. McMahon has over 30 years of experience as a psychologist and specializes in brief, effective treatments for anxiety and insomnia.
She uses proven techniques including cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), Virtual Reality Therapy, hypnotherapy, and EMDR. Virtual reality therapy is available for fear of flying, fear of driving, fear of heights, needle phobia (fear of injections or blood draws), fear of public speaking, job interview anxiety, fear of elevators or BART, and fear of spiders or cockroaches.
As you overcome your anxieties and fears, you will feel better about yourself and be able to do more. You can continue using these skills for the rest of your life.
Dr. McMahon has helped many people with a variety of anxiety issues including:
- Treatment for Anxiety and Panic Attacks
- Treatment for Claustrophobia
- Treatment for Fear of Driving
- Treatment for Fear of Flying
- Treatment for Fear of Heights
- Treatment for Fear of Public Speaking
- Treatment for Fear of Spiders and Other Insects
- Treatment for Needle Phobia
- Treatment for Interview Anxiety
- Treatment for Performance Anxiety
- Treatment for Social Anxiety
- Treatment for Test Anxiety
- Treatment for Wedding Anxiety
- Treatment for Writer's Block
- Stopping Anxiety Medications